Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Man Crush

I ran across this clip about a local celeb, John Hanson.  He and I have enjoyed/suffered many an adventure together, they usually end with him being sick on the side of the trail.  I am beginning to think I am the cause.

I may be tipping my hand here but JRuss is probably the coolest cat I know. How many people do you know that can rock the gentlemen's hat? Not many.
In my wildest dreams of avarice I hire John to work part time for me, (the man is a licensed engineer with a degree from a school that rhymes with Striggum Dung) pay him an exorbitant salary so he can spend the rest of his time making bicycles. It's mostly a selfish endeavor, I just want a reason to hang out and partake in his mojo.

So if you are looking for a new custom ride, Sabrosa should be on the short list.  To paraphrase Ferris Bueller "I love riding it, it is so choice. If you have the means I highly suggest picking one up."

You will need to go here to see the vid, or go here to read what John has to say. 

2 comments:

Sabrosa Cycles said...

holler. thanks for the plug. i happen to know where you might acquire a custom felt hat in any shape, size or genre.

and yes - you are the reason i get sick on bicycle rides. it's an allergy. i'm taking medication now.

DW said...

I thought for a second that this was going to be a "Hi, I'm John Hanson, I live in StG, I make bicycles and I'm a Mormon" ad. Mark, perhaps we have the same "sabor" for men. I don't know him, but I've liked his bikes and I agree that he rocks that hat like no other. I love his definition of a "cyclist" - not just someone who rides but someone who builds his life around riding.

It all came off the rails for me, however, as my thoughts about that orange and brown couch took me down a rat hole. I thought of my grandparents owning that thing. Then I thought of my grandparents owning that thing when they were teenagers. Then I thought of what teenagers do on couches. And I took a shower. Nothing Sabrosa about that.