Saturday, January 1, 2011

All is quiet on New Years Day.


New Years Day 2011 and I was all alone at the trail head, my friends are cowards, sure it was cold and the ground was frozen but that was the only way we were going to get a ride in after all the rain we have been having.
I barely made it back to the truck before things thawed out and got messy.


A shot of the Virgin River from a week ago, usually this thing is ankle deep and 20 ft wide.




Rattlesnake wash was frozen solid, all I had was my phone for picture documentation.





More U2 for you to celebrate the season. It's good to see that electric instruments still work in the sub-arctic.
Happy New Year everybody, cheers.

2 comments:

Sabrosa Cycles said...

I confess - those tracks that you followed up rattlesnake were mine from the midnight, new years eve ride that was thrown together at the last second. I am ashamed of myself for not calling and inviting. I'll understand if I never hear from you again.

My feet still have not thawed.

El Scorcho said...

JR- I will not pretend that the non-invite doesn't sting a little. However, I am old and was all in by midnight so I would have turned you down anyway.